Wednesday, January 10, 2007

BOBBY MURCER TELLS IT STRAIGHT

I am afraid the news is not the best for Bobby Murcer. The former Yankee, current announcer who needs no introduction made this statement to the press today.

"As we begin a new year, I find myself facing a new challenge-the biggest of my life so far. Pathology reports have revealed that the brain tumor removed was malignant. "I'm not having to battle this alone, but am fortified with the most loving family, an abundance of wonderful friends and fans and the very best class of physicians. "I'm gaining confidence that with God and my faith leading the way, we will as a team put up an incredible fight. Please continue to send up prayers. That's all I can really ask of you at this time."

Once again our prayers go out to Bobby. Pete Abraham mentions the YES address as a place to send cards to Bobby Murcer: Yankees Entertainment & Sports, 405 Lexington Ave., 36th floorNew York, New York 10174-3699

Bobby was one of my boyhood heros and a Yankee in every sense of the word. Here's to one of the best.

No comments: